Job Title: Group Home Licensed Practical Nurse
LOCATION: Township of Warren, West Orange, & Harding Township, NJ
Assists consumers and staff in attaining and maintaining optimum health by assessing health care needs, planning and implementing health care policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participating in initial evaluations by securing and reviewing all pertinent medical records and assessing physical well-being of consumers.
- Adhering to standard health precautions and insuring wellbeing of residents by: monitoring individual health, administering medication as prescribed, following up on medical, dental and emotional health requirements; engaging residents in communication, social, recreation, ADL skills, financial, training, habilitation, and family/community functioning; reports observed changes in health or behavior to supervisor.
- Administration of tube feedings and care of G-Tube site, administration of care associated with ventilators, tracheotomies, and all other medical needs of individuals.
- Administering prescribed medication to consumers and first aid to consumers and/or staff and prepares documents or progress notes relating to medication administration.
- Accompanying consumers on all medical appointments or to hospital during scheduled shifts as Pillar’s person of medical expertise, follow through on all medical orders and coordinate follow up appointments as needed.
- Participating in development of Individual Habilitation Plan by including health status and health care needs; participates in yearly re-evaluations.
- Engaging residents in activities of daily living to the extent of their ability and supports individual needs in areas of shopping, meal preparation, cleaning, bathing and dressing, transferring, toileting, feeding, grooming and hygiene; supports individuals in implementation of IHP/ISP or other goals and objectives; performs household chores as needed.
- Assessing daily health status of consumers, treats medical problems as appropriate and notifies supervisor of significant observations and concerns.
- Maintaining medical records including regular anecdotal notes indicating significant developments and/or observations; writes reports as necessary.
- Driving van or other vehicle; escorts residents to scheduled program or other activities, recreational opportunities, or medical appointments as assigned by supervisor.
- Organizes medical and dental screening clinics; participates in clinics as required by health care providers
- Inspecting individual equipment and furnishings for proper functioning and reports malfunctions to supervisor; utilizes adaptive equipment with residents to promote independence; uses Hoyer lifts and other specialized equipment for safety and comfort of residents.
- Interacting with residents’ family members and friends and facilitate communications.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings may assist residents to participate in house meetings; may participate in individual meetings as needed.
- Participating in development of new or revised health, safety and emergency procedures; conducts and participates in-service health education for consumers and staff; may provide health information and/or counseling to families.
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- Graduation from an accredited school of licensed practical nursing
- State of NJ Board of Nursing Certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- LPN must have a current license to practice in the State of NJ
- Valid driver’s license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- 2 years of successful employment working with medically involved adults with disabilities (hospital, sub-acute, assisted living, rehab/nursing facility, other medical facility, or a medical group home)
- Ability to successfully complete Pillar trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening