$1,000 Sign-on Bonus
TITLE: Residential Care Assistant (RCA)
LOCATION: Harding Township (Morristown), NJ
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, hourly wage employee, eligible for overtime
- SUN/MON 3pm-11pm
- THUR-11pm-9pm & FRI/SAT 11pm-7am
Pillar is seeking Residential Care Assistants for our Group Home in Harding Twp., NJ. The desired candidate will assist consumers to achieve the greatest degree of independence by supporting participation in program activities providing opportunities for choice at all times.
- Assisting consumers with daily needs including cooking, cleaning, bathing/dressing, transferring, toileting, feeding, grooming and hygiene.
- Properly administering, monitoring and documenting consumer medication administration.
- Assisting consumers and staff in determination of daily activities such as attending church, parties, shopping etc. and participating in activities as well as providing one-on-one instruction for consumers in activities of daily living or recreational activities.
- Collecting and recording data; assisting in maintaining daily progress notes or other consumer program-related records.
- Utilizing group home vehicle for household related tasks and transporting and accompanying consumers to doctor appointments and activities.
- Initiating or implementing recommendations and/or behavior plans and maintaining related documentation.
- Cleaning group home as required and operating and maintaining housekeeping and cooking equipment.
- Attending staff meeting, individual supervision meetings and trainings are assigned.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with consumers, supervisors, co-workers, parents/guardians/sponsors, and other professionals.
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- Successful employment in the support of adults with developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge of various types of developmental disabilities
- Ability to successfully complete Pillar trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening