- About us
- Conferences + Events
- News + Blog
- How to Help
Sign-up for our email list to stay up-to-date.Sign Up
Performs and monitors administrative functions for programs partially or full funded on a fee-for-service basis, with a focus on electronic medical records (EMR), monitoring and resolving Medicaid claims and related administrative tasks for the Director of Community Services.
Every staff person must cooperate with Pillar Care, the Office of Licensing, the Division of Developmental Disabilities, Medicaid and the Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
1. Performs daily administrative functions for all Community Services programs including, processing monthly billing; providing fiscal reports to districts or other constituencies as required; receives and reviews with technical assistance staff reports; provides appropriate therapy reports to contracting organizations
2. Assists Director in responding to internal and external requests for service, develops, implements, administers, monitors and evaluates programs at various locations
3. Responsible for typing correspondence, agendas, meeting minutes, reports, statistics and other documents using computerized systems.
4. Responsible for the oversight of all consumer EMR data input and monitoring.
5. Monitoring and auditing Medicaid claims data using various computer software programs including Carelogic and HHAExchange.
6. Develops and schedules training programs for staff in conjunction with Director of Community Services and Director of Training and arranges for technical support when required or requested; may provide direct training
7. Assists Director in monitoring annual operating budget in conformity with funding source requirements and tracking expenses using Excel or other spreadsheet software; may submit required reports to finance office, funding agencies and others; may order materials, equipment and supplies
8. Serves as liaison to field staff to insure that services are being delivered according to contractual obligations;
9. Follows up on incident reporting as assigned by the Director;
10. Engages in quality-related activities including program self assessment, outcomes management, annual self audits and annual QA audits, and external measures of quality such as CARF, and participates in the development of corresponding action plans
11. Collaborates with Director of Community Services and Director of Development to solicit foundation and corporate support for programs and/or access to services
12. Assists with basic market research and other marketing-related tasks relevant to Fee for Service programs.
13. Participates in various agency management meetings and assignments; attends management training sessions and trains staff on policy and procedural matters
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, data entry systems, and Electronic Medical Records; medical terminology
Good organizational and administrative skills; ability to seek consultative assistance as needed; to respect and maintain confidentiality; to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing; to establish and maintain proper working relationships with supervisors, administrators, parents and sponsors; to work independently with general supervision; to follow and enforce personnel policies and safety regulations; to adhere to standard health precautions; to create a motivating climate, achieve teamwork, train and develop staff, measure work in progress, and take corrective action; to carry out multiple projects simultaneously
High school education; at least 3 years experience in an administrative assistant type role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year experience with Electronic Medical Records. Experience in resolving Medicaid claims issues a plus