Job Title: Assistant Group Home Manager for Warren
LOCATION: Maplewood, NJ
Assists Residence Manager in management of a group living facility in accordance with expressed preferences and desires of consumers, provides care and training for adults residing in a group home.
The group home assistant manager must cooperate with Pillar, the Office of Licensing, the Division of Developmental Disabilities, and the Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and providing direct care toward consumer wellbeing in the areas of medical, psychological, communication, social, recreation, ADL skills, family/community functioning, and habilitation needs and IHP plans; presents verbal and written reports for the Residence Manager.
- Assisting manager in providing training and supervision to staff as needed; provides new hire staff training in house
- Researching, planning and accompanying consumers to program activities, recreational opportunities, medical appointments or other activities.
- Completing and maintaining Medication Administration books and documents as needed and monthly.
- Functioning as Residence Manager in manager’s absence; Administers DDD and Pillar policies and procedures promoting health, welfare and safety of residents.
- Ensuring Licensing standards are maintained at all times; assists Residence Manager with conducting monthly fire drills, house and staff meeting.
- Providing emergency coverage of residence or at ER in event of consumer or household emergency or incident.
- Utilizing and responding appropriately per CPNJ and DDD procedure during consumer emergencies and incidents and/or group home operational breakdown-reports on unusual incidents and utilizes emergency on call systems and procedures in a timely manner.
- Assisting Residence Manager as delegated with IHP Coordination toward insuring implementation of annual IHP goals; assists w/ maintaining consumer record books; monthly submission of DDD attendance report and monthly reports on each consumer.
- Assisting Residence Manager in coordination of schedules and administration of DDD and Pillar policies and procedures promoting health, welfare and safety of residents; may conduct incident investigations.
- Ensuring that safe and reliable transportation is available to residents; may drive van or other available transportation; may escort residents to scheduled program activities, recreational opportunities, medical appointments or other activities.
- Interacting with family members of residents, day program staff, professional consultants, other provider agencies, DDD staff and the general public regarding specific as well as related general issues.
- Completing program reports includes but not limited to monthly reports, attendance records, incident reports, health service referral forms, filing, and vehicle checklist.
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- High school diploma or GED
- BA/BS degree in human services or similar discipline preferred
- Valid driver’s license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- 3 years of successful employment in the support of adults with developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge of various types of developmental disabilities
- Ability to successfully complete Pillar trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening