On-the-Job Work Credits Available!
MEDICAL GROUP HOME LOCATIONS: Plainfield (New House), Warren, Harding, West Orange
BENEFITS: Certified Nurse Accreditation, Tuition Reimbursement, CPR Certification, Crisis Management Certification
Under the guidance of an LPN, perform ADLs such as bathing, dressing, feeding, etc. and ensure reports and records are completed in a timely manner. Support positive and clean home environments for residents and assist adults with disabilities in achieving the greatest degree of independence.
- Assisting consumers with daily needs including cooking, cleaning, bathing/dressing, transferring, toileting, feeding, grooming and hygiene.
- Properly administering, monitoring and documenting consumer medication administration.
- Assisting consumers and staff in determination of daily activities such as attending church, parties, shopping etc. and participating in recreational activities.
- Collecting and recording data; assisting in maintaining daily progress notes or other consumer program-related records.
- Initiating or implementing recommendations and/or behavior plans and maintaining related documentation.
- Cleaning group home as required and operating and maintaining housekeeping and cooking equipment.
- Attending staff meeting, individual supervision meetings and trainings are assigned.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with consumers, supervisors, co-workers, parents/guardians/sponsors, and other professionals.
- Assist authorized drivers in utilizing group home vehicle for household related tasks and transporting consumers to activities.
- Completed High school diploma or GED
- Currently enrollment in Certified Nursing Assistant program
- Valid driver’s license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- Experience supporting individual with developmental disabilities preferred
- Successful completion of Pillar and CDS trainings
- Committed team player
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, hourly wage employee, eligible for overtime