TITLE: Group Home Manager for Morristown
- Mon-Fri. 9am-5pm
- 24 hr. on-call responsibility
LOCATION: Morristown, NJ
FLSA STATUS: Exempt employee
Residential Managers assist in management of a group living facility in accordance with expressed preferences and desires of consumers, provides care and training for adults residing in a group home.
The group home manager must cooperate with Pillar Care, the Office of Licensing, the Division of Developmental Disabilities, and the Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
- Monitoring and providing direct care toward consumer wellbeing in the areas of medical, psychological, communication, social, recreation, ADL skills, family/community functioning, and personal needs and ISP plans; presents verbal and written reports for the Residential Coordinator.
- Provides training and supervision to staff as needed; provides new hire staff training in house
- Researching, planning and accompanying consumers to program activities, recreational opportunities, medical appointments or other activities.
- Completing and maintaining Medication Administration books and documents as needed and monthly.
- Administers DDD and Pillar Care policies and procedures promoting health, welfare and safety of residents.
- Ensuring Licensing standards are maintained at all times; assists with conducting monthly fire drills, house and staff meeting.
- Providing emergency coverage of residence or at ER in event of consumer or household emergency or incident.
- Utilizing and responding appropriately per Pillar Care and DDD procedure during consumer emergencies and incidents and/or group home operational breakdown-reports on unusual incidents and utilizes emergency on call systems and procedures in a timely manner.
- Assisting with ISP Coordination toward ensuring implementation of annual ISP goals; assists w/ maintaining consumer record books; daily submission of attendance report via electronic health records and monitoring case notes on each consumer.
- Coordination of schedules and administration of DDD and Pillar Care policies and procedures promoting health, welfare and safety of residents; may conduct incident investigations.
- Ensuring that safe and reliable transportation is available to residents; may drive van or other available transportation; may escort residents to scheduled program activities, recreational opportunities, medical appointments or other activities.
- Interacting with family members of residents, day program staff, professional consultants, other provider agencies, DDD staff and the general public regarding specific as well as related general issues.
- Completing program reports includes but not limited to monthly reports, attendance records, incident reports, health service referral forms, filing, and vehicle checklist.
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- High school diploma or GED
- BA/BS degree in human services or similar discipline preferred
- Valid driver’s license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- 3 years of successful employment in the support of adults with developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge of various types of developmental disabilities
- Ability to successfully complete Pillar trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening