Assists Senior Habilitation / Vocational Specialist in supporting consumers in pursuit of their IHP goals
- Serves as an advocate for all Pillar Care Continuum Day Program Consumers; setting an example to staff that protecting and promoting dignity, respect, independence, health and safety is our primary commitment and responsibility.
- As guided by Senior Habilitation / Vocational Specialist, serves on team within designated area of responsibility to determine daily program activities for each individual.
- Assists consumers to achieve greatest degree of independence by supporting participation in program activities providing opportunities for choices at all times; may provide tutorial attention to consumers in pursuit of IHP goals and objectives.
- Participates in community activities with consumers as assigned by Senior Habilitation / Vocational Specialist.
- Assists consumers with personal needs including transferring, toileting, cleaning, grooming and feeding.
- Collects and records data as directed; including completing daily DTR’s within the Electronic Client Record. Responsible for recording daily attendance within the Electronic Client Record.
- As instructed by Senior Habilitation / Vocational Specialist and Behavior Coordinator, initiates or implements recommendations and/or behavior plans and maintain related documentation.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, individual supervision meetings and trainings as assigned; attends off-site trainings, and conferences.
- Drives a van route, serves as a van aide, as assigned by a supervisor or transportation coordinator.
- Performs other functions as directed by supervisor, CPNJ management, or funding source representatives
- Ability to successfully complete required Pillar Care Continuum and 4 DDD core trainings in required period of time;
- Adhere to DDD policies and procedures;
- Relate well to adults with disabilities;
- Establish positive relationships with each consumer; to learn and understand each consumer’s individual needs and to carry out program objectives;
- Learn use of and to operate program and adaptive equipment;
- Perform strenuous physical activity;
- Drive a multi-passenger vehicle;
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing; to adhere to Pillar Care Continuum and DDD personnel policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Establish and maintain proper working relationships with supervisors, administrators, parents and sponsors; to respect and maintain confidentiality of consumers and co-workers;
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to standard health precautions;
- Travel independently off-site;
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with fewer than 4 points at all times
- High school graduate;
- At least one year’s experience in a non-profit service delivery organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to engage in strenuous physical activity;
- Fingerprint examination and approval;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Successful TB screening