Multiple shifts (9:00AM-9:00PM & 9:00PM-9:00AM) available in our Harding, Warren and Plainfield Residential Homes
In this role, you will work with the team to assist consumers in attaining and maintaining optimum health by assessing health care needs, planning and implementing health care procedures. You will also contribute to influencing and supporting the highest quality of physical and emotional well-being for our residents.
- Participating in initial evaluations by securing and reviewing all pertinent medical records and assessing physical well-being of consumers.
- Administering prescribed medication to consumers and prepares documents or progress notes relating to medication administration.
- Adhering to standard health precautions and insuring wellbeing of residents by: monitoring individual health, administering medication as prescribed, following up on medical, dental and emotional health requirements.
- Support recreation, ADL skills, habilitation, and family/community functioning; reports observed changes in health or behavior to supervisor.
- Administration of tube feedings and care of G-Tube site, administration of care associated with ventilators, tracheotomies, and all other medical needs of individuals.
- Accompanying consumers on all medical appointments or to hospital during scheduled shifts as Pillar’s person of medical expertise, follow through on all medical orders and coordinate follow up appointments as needed.
- Participating in development of Individual Habilitation Plan by including health status and health care needs; participates in yearly re-evaluations.
- Engaging residents in activities of daily living to the extent of their ability and supports individual needs in areas of shopping, meal preparation, cleaning, bathing and dressing, transferring, toileting, feeding, grooming and hygiene; supports individuals in implementation of IHP/ISP or other goals and objectives; performs household chores as needed.
- Driving van or other vehicle to escort residents to scheduled program or medical appointments as assigned by supervisor.
- Inspecting individual equipment and furnishings for proper functioning and reports malfunctions to supervisor.
- Participating in staff meetings as needed and assisting residents to participate in house meetings.
- Regularly develops new or revised health, safety and emergency procedures; conducts and participates in-service health education for consumers and staff and provide health information and/or counseling to families.
- Graduation from an accredited school of licensed practical nursing
- State of NJ Board of Nursing Certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- LPN must have a current license to practice in the State of NJ
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- Valid driver’s license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)
- 2+ years experience working with medically involved adults with disabilities (hospital, sub-acute, assisted living, rehab/nursing facility, other medical facility, or a medical group home)
- Ability to successfully complete Pillar trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening