We are looking for a motivated and passionate Physical Therapist (PT) to join our team! Candidates must be willing to promote a friendly and positive experience working in a school environment. Our Physical Therapists are part of a team that screens, assesses and/or evaluates physical therapy needs of individuals in the public school or other community setting; plans and implements treatment programs upon receipt of written authorization; documents and reports activities
- Conducts initial screenings and/or evaluations utilizing formal and informal assessments; interprets and analyzes data and provides written documentation supporting observations.
- Plans and implements long and short-term treatment plans including educationally relevant goals and methods to achieve identified goals within a given timeframe.
- Coordinates and integrates physical therapy with other services and educational programs.
- Submits written reports such as client reevaluations/ updates, anecdotal notes, clinic notes, special interim reports and other related information using required formats/ forms.
- Develops home and/or classroom programs for specific children providing printed handouts or instructions; provides direct training for appropriate home and/or classroom personnel.
- Participates in conferences, meetings and other planning sessions concerning individual children; recommends physical therapy activities as part of total treatment plan.
- Maintains service-related records following billing, reimbursement, and procurement procedures.
- May design, fabricate, adjust or make minor repairs to therapeutic equipment or splints for individuals and participate in ordering equipment for home or school use.
- Attends educational courses to maintain and update knowledge and skills; may conduct Inservice educational programs for other staff members.
- Initiates contact with direct supervisor to report any concerns regarding safety and appropriate care, schedule changes, new referrals.
- Performs related tasks as assigned by the Program Director.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of varied physical therapy treatment approaches and knowledge of normal child development
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Effective verbal communication skills and in writing
- Maintains proper working relationships with children, parents, co-workers and supervisors
- Perform strenuous physical activities and maintain a safe working environment
- Adhere to ethical standards, policies, procedures and universal health precautions
- Travel to various locations
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Certificate in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association approved institution or equivalent
- Completion of a clinical affiliation in physical therapy with handicapped children
- NJ Department of Education certification as a School Physical Therapist
- New Jersey licensure as a Registered Physical Therapist