This role, assists the Senior Habilitation Vocational Specialist in supporting program participants in their individual goals, also referred to as IHPs. You will be part of a team in helping individuals with disabilities achieve daily life goals and participate in enriching activities.
- Assists individuals in achieving their greatest degree of independence by supporting participation in daily program activities and encouraging choice.
- Participate in community activities with participants as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Serves as an advocate for all Pillar Care Continuum Day Program Consumers; promote dignity, respect, independence, and protect the health and safety of our participants at all times.
- Assists consumers with personal needs including transferring, toileting, cleaning, grooming and feeding.
- Initiate recommendations and/or behavior plans as assigned by the Senior Habilitation Vocational / Behavior Specialist.
- Participates in staff meetings, individual supervision meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Drives a van route or serves as a van aide, as assigned by Program Manager.
- Performs other functions as directed by supervisor, CPNJ management, or funding source representatives
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities a plus
- Valid driver’s license with less than 4 points and reliable transportation to arrive on-time to Program
- Willingness to participate in multi-vehicle basic driver training upon hire.
- Ability to complete required core trainings in required period of time and adhere to all policies and procedures;
- Patience and kindness; ability to engage in daily interactions with participants and staff.
- Effective communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing s
This role is part of a team dedicating their lives to the support of individuals with disabilities. Pillar Care Continuum will provide on-site training to help support your future development in this rewarding career.