The Residential Group Home Manager oversees the management of our brand new residential home(s) supporting adults with disabilities. In this role you'll join a team dedicated to enhancing the the lives of our residents by supporting personal growth, independence and participation in the community.
- Under the direction of the regional coordinator, hires, directs, supervises and trains staff; coordinates staff schedules to ensure 24 hour / 7 day coverage; conducts staff meetings; counsels staff; evaluates staff performance and arranges for and provides external and internal training activities including required DDD core training; performs other administrative functions as required; provides emergency coverage when required.
- Maintains ongoing communication with family, case managers and others; participates in case management conferences, interacts with residents’ family members and friends and facilitates communications, coordinates activities with day program staff, and coordinates and supports involvement in community outings.
- Supports the wellbeing of residents by monitoring individual health and following up on medical, dental and emotional health requirements, communication, social, recreation, and ADL skills, family/community functioning, and financial, training and habilitation needs; may accompany residents to appointments; may administer prescribed and over-the-counter medication.
- Supervising individual medical, activity, financial, and other recordkeeping and insures that required records and reports are completed and submitted according to requirements; serves as IHP coordinator for individuals who reside in the shared living facility.
- Assisting staff to research, arrange for and coordinate individual and group social activities.
- Maintaining safety and security by making periodic inspections, conducting fire drills according to schedules, enacting safety procedures, and training residents and staff; ensures that licensing standards are maintained at all times; conducts house meetings for residents and staff meetings for direct care employees.
- Follows DDD and Pillar Care Continuum policies and procedures as described in Division Circulars, Pillar Care Continuum Policy Manual and Pillar Care Continuum Group Home Policy Manual to respond to and report about emergencies, incidents, operational breakdowns or other individual or systematic concerns in a timely manner; may conduct investigations regarding unusual incidents or issues relating to health, safety or general welfare of residents.
- Taking lead role and participates in annual Licensing; participates in bi-annual Q&A audits and responds to findings with written plans of corrections.
- Monitors and approves all budgetary expenditures; secures and accounts for personal funds of group home residents; assists residents with money management and insures that individual funds expended as desired.
- Supervising upkeep of home in terms of safety, cleanliness and comfort; coordinates maintenance and repair of home and all equipment; orders and maintains supplies as needed.
- Overseeing administration and storage of medication and keeps medical records secure
- Ensuring availability of safe transportation; may drive residents as required
- Conducting house meetings with residents as requested or needed.
- Performing functions of Residential Care Assistant or shift supervisor and support individuals in implementation of IHP/ISP or other goals and objectives.
- High school diploma or GED
- BA/BS degree in Social Service, Rehabilitation, RN or similar discipline preferred
- 3 years of successful employment working with adults with disabilities
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to successfully complete Pillar Care Continuum trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures
- At least 21 years of age (Insurance Purposes)
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening
- Valid driver’s license with 4 points or less at all times (Cannot be provisional/probationary)