The Senior System Administrator is an on-site role, reporting to the VP of Information Technology and is responsible for the design, planning, implementation, performance, security, and recovery procedures for critical enterprise systems. The role works with a team of 5 responsible and serves as a technical expert in systems administration for complex operating systems and networked environment. In this role, you will performs a wide range of technical duties including but not limited to designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting the company IT infrastructure, server and desktop operating environment, resolving help desk tickets, backing up systems, e-mail and SharePoint administration, Active Directory administration, updates patch management, antivirus software management, storage management, printing, IP phone system. The successful candidate will have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various systems and ultimately ensure our software, hardware, servers and networks are secure, optimized and operating smoothly.
- Install, upgrade, configure and manage VMWare vSphere, ESX and Windows servers and desktops/laptops (mainly Windows, some Apple) and various software applications.
- Manage LAN/WAN infrastructure. Troubleshoot and repair issues involving network connectivity, DHCP, DNS, authentication, and VPN connections. Manage internal/external security. Perform networking hardware (firewalls, routers, switches) configurations upgrades and installations.
- Responsible for overall agency security; follow best practices in all technology areas, check and analyze logs and alerts and respond appropriately to the situation, and continually update agency security policy guidelines.
- Proactively monitor server infrastructure and supported services to ensure high availability. Required to be available off hours and weekends if a critical system fails and when new implementation or maintenance requires off-hours work. Proactively look for improvements with monitoring the systems and alerts.
- Maintain on premises Active Directory, group policies, Office 365 environment, Azure AD synchronizations. This includes, but not limited to accounts management, login scrips and policy object modifications, updates.
- Work with external vendors and internal clients in the resolution of the software, hardware issues, connectivity problems and implementation of internal projects.
- Manage backups Infrastructure, finds improvements, and performs daily checks.
- SharePoint development and management.
- Provide end user support to Pillar Care community. Troubleshoot problems and address help desk requests and trouble tickets timely via phone and help desk application.
- Manage IT projects – create projects’ plans and ensure the IT team follow the plan.
- Provide technical training to employees.
- Manage Sophos Endpoint Protection - ensure installation of antivirus client software on the servers and desktops.
- Support remote locations – be able to use his/her car, drive and move equipment to remote locations as needed with the ability to lift about fifty pounds.
- Deploy technology to new facilities and provide technical training as needed to employees.
- Analyze systems and provides best solutions and training.
- Maintain and update technical documentation.
- On-call availability.
- Other responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in IT administrative role
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers/desktops and VMWare infrastructure (VMWare, Microsoft certifications preferred or at least 7 years hands-on in-depth experience)
- Expert in of Microsoft Active Directory, NTFS permissions, Office 365 with AD Azure
- In-depth knowledge of backup and storage systems including cloud (Azure)
- Electronic health system knowledge, student management system knowledge and/or certification is a plus
- Strong backups and storage (including cloud) infrastructure skills; Knowledge of Veeam Backups and Replication software preferred
- Strong understanding of WAN and LAN technology including routers, firewalls, switches. Expert in understanding TCP/IP protocol and DNS
- Knowledge of best security practices. Security certifications preferred
- Apple and Android mobile devices product knowledge with Mobile Device Management system knowledge, such as Cisco Meraki
- Experience in developing SharePoint intranet site and maintaining appropriate access to the sites
- Ability to support multiple types of common ISP technologies
- Familiar with electronic health system or/and school system management software is a plus
- Be able to work and multitask in a busy IT environment and quickly adjust to changes and new priorities
- Effective customer service skills. Exceptional people skills and team orientation
- Analytical skills to provide guidance to IT team and user community on available technology usage, improvements, and solve simple and complex problems. Develop technical solutions to fulfill business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to create project plans and manage implementations. Ability to write technical documentations and end user instructions
- Technical school or technical certification such as VMWare, Cisco, Microsoft, Veeam, cyber security plus